Thursday, February 3, 2011

A Good Day


Both hawks are out in the weathering area eating their fill of squirrely, meaty, goodness. Gonzo has kept his talon, though it is canted at a slightly off angle.

So without a back up bird in the wings, I am forced to find other ways to spend the waning days of hunting season.

My duck hunt plans fell through - maybe I could still go out and snag myself a pig, I did get my first real gun, after all.

Instead - We took last Sunday to load the family on one of the local ferries and chug our way over to Knotts Island.

It is a little out of the way place that happens to be the home of some decent little vineyards.

It also has some great wide open fields, and prime rabbit spots. I have never actually hunted here, but I might need to come over and scout out some prime spots.

Additionally, it looks like a great place to trap migrating falcons.

Something to think about.

Anyway. It was a perfect blustery, sunny day. We spent the afternoon inside, cozied up by a fire, catching something other than game.

I think I might need a vine yard. If you would like to donate money towards this cause, please contact me via the comments section below.

No comments: