Saturday, January 30, 2010

Trailcam Troubles


So last weekend I set up my trail cam. I had high hopes about all the activity that was going on in my back yard. But it turns out, my set up had a bit to be desired. I set the camera up on a game trail that ran right next to the hawks cages. It came up through a low area (read swamp) and then entered the woods. I didn't take into consideration the surroundings very well. The camera was aimed near vegetation and a vine that was hung up in the trees. Then the wind had to blow all week.

Needless to say, in the last week I captured about two thousand pictures of a wiggling vine.

I did get a few pictures of the new fallen snow, and my cat.

What was most interesting is that sometime during the windy week, a large tree fell right across the trail that I had set up on.

The question for the ages has now been answered.

I didn't hear a sound

I need to find a better place to set up - and if you have suggestions for setting up in a windy area, I would love to hear them.

No comments: