Thursday, September 2, 2010

Biding time

So school was canceled today - I spent the morning getting other peoples properties ready for the storm. We took in their deck chairs, put away anything that could be turned into a projectile. I Shut down power to the hot tubs and pools... and the whole time it was a gorgeous day.



There was a cool breeze and the sun was shining. Light clouds scudded across the sky

Slowly the wind started to pick up.

Went to the store and bought some supplies.

The kids were excited for the storm and cleaned our house while I was out. They readied everything for the storm. When I got home we checked the hive, then strapped it down. I made sure all the birds were fed. Then we were about as ready as we could be.

Then we checked out the beach. The birds were all hanging low, staying grounded. And the surf began to pick up.

Right now, 9:00, we're watching the Steeler game and waiting for the storm to really hit and hoping the satellite doesn't quit on us. We should be asleep when the winds start to get bad. I'll post some pictures tomorrow.

No comments: