Friday, November 13, 2009

Hypocracy in the chain of command


It is sometimes almost too easy to write about PETA. they present such a huge target. I have previously known about their killing of animals. I knew that they were wackos that assault clowns at birthday parties. I also knew that they were vehemently against animal testing.

Click here to view the ad, which highlights PETA President Ingrid Newkirk's comment: "Even if animal research resulted in a cure for AIDS, we'd be against it."

But apparently the organization only feels this way if the medicine being developed helps OTHER people.

PETA vice president Mary Beth Sweetland has diabetes and injects herself daily with insulin that was tested on animals. Yet she campaigns against experiments on animals -- making her a veritable poster-child for hypocrisy. She concedes that her medicine "still contains some animal products -- and I have no qualms about it ... I don't see myself as a hypocrite. I need my life to fight for the rights of animals."
So, she is essentially saying, "I can use medicine tested on animals, but anyone else who might benefit should not get that chance, Wow.

You can't make this stuff up.

No comments: