I spent the day doing something that has been needed to be done since the dogs tore up the chicken coop.
When I originally built the coop it was supposed to be temporary, as it was built mostly from scrap wood and packing crates. The condition it was in after the dogs, was bad.
I started this morning around 8:00. I started by tearing down the old coop.
Until there was nothing there but scrap.
I finished framing in the coop and then started working on the run. The heat today was oppressive. The heat index hovered near 100, and the humidity was high.
Thankfully, I was in the shade, but by 4:00 or so, my muscles were cramping and I had completely run out of energy. But I had to finish.
I still need to clean up the site, but by the end - I didn't have any energy left.
The coop was done. I've got some detail work to finish, but it is habitable now.
The babies were transferred into the new digs, and the bigger chickens will go in tomorrow.
All in all, it was a hard days work, but I'm feeling good about the product.