Sunday, July 18, 2010

A couple - o - links

I've just been browsing some of the blogs on the roll and have come up with a few good links you may want to check out - depending on your interests of course.

Middle East's rarest bird is on the verge of extinction, but their is new hope. I loved the picture of the Northern Bald Ibis.

Albert lists the problems with Mountain top removal in Appalachia.

The earliest evidence of a tortoise kept as a pet was found in Britain recently. It's bones were mixed in with the other family cats and dogs.

A great story from Tom about his valentines adventures and bad advice from the vampire in the car.

My Son decided to try vegetarianism this week, but didn't last longer than two days. There's some information to consider for plant eaters - or for some of them.
...plants can sense the world around them, process information from their environment, and respond to this information by altering their growth and development. In fact, plants respond to changes in their environment in ways that many would find surprisingly sophisticated, although botanists have known of these abilities for centuries.



There is a good article about the "thoughts and feelings" of plants. Check this one out.

1 comment:

Albert A Rasch said...

Howdy Doug!

I've been meaning to get to you ont hat hog hunting question you asked me a couple of months ago, and I suppose I should just sit down and write you on it !!!

I've been a little busy with the insurgents, but still no excuse. I'll get on that this week.

BTW thanks for the link!

Best Regards,
Albert
The Rasch Outdoor Chronicles: National Hunting and Fishing Day 9/25/10