Monday, May 25, 2009

pointless pictures

There is no real reason for this post. I had some pictures backed up so now I am going to post them. The first one is of the turtle that my brother left in the back of my pickup. It's a yellow bellied slider. They grow huge in this part of the south. This is a medium sized one.


The chickens have been hatching for the last couple of weeks. They don't ever seem to hatch all at once. Usually, I'll get one or two, then one at a time for a few days until they are all finished. This one was part way through the process.

I am always amazed at how hard it is for a chicken to hatch. Sometimes, they get through the whole process, only to die just out of the shell from exhaustion. Those are the ones I get most sad about. This next picture is of the mutt chickens.


They all seem to develop basically the same, starting out yellow and then developing brown stripes along their backs. I don't know for sure how they'll look full grown, but it's fun to watch.

No comments: