Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Disappointed

First off - I love Cabelas! I love the idea of it. I love getting the catalogs throughout the year, but the big fall catalog is my favorite. They send me the hardcover master copy - they might send that one to every one, but it makes me feel special.

Anyway, I bought the Trekker T-200 blind from them last year for merlin trapping. I'm planning on using it again this year for peregrins. I don't need anything fancy,just something to keep out of sight from the migrating raptors. I couldn't justify spending the big bucks on a blind. This one was in the $70 range.



I used it twice. On the second time the support pole snapped. It is one of those extension poles that you find on modern day tents that break apart and fold up. The blind wasn't much good after that.

The trapping season was pretty much over soon after and forgot about it. This season, I got the blind out to check the equipment. I was reminded of the pole problem.


I called up Cabelas to see what they would do to help me out. The lady on the phone was nice enough, but she informed me that there was nothing she could do.

They don't make replacements. So sorry, those pieces are made in India.

Well crap.

Yes, there are places that I can order them, but I'm going to try and cut down and retrofit some old tent poles instead. We'll see how it goes.

No comments: