Sunday, April 19, 2009

Home

After being away a week, it is nice to get home. The animals are all alive and seem content. Still no eggs in the hawks nest though. It is frustrating but at least the pigeon babies are growing fast, and as work tomorrow looms, I reflect on the week. I took a bunch of pictures, most of them from when we were hiking. I don't want to bore you with a bunch of repetitive trail shots, but here are some samples from the trip.


When I was nine and my parents told me we were moving from Illinois to New York, all I could envision was concrete and neon as far as the eye could see. Even then I was devastated. How could they?


I've lived many different places since then, and I've decided that upstate New York is really a great place (if it weren't for the taxes).


We spent most of our time outdoors, hiking and exploring. The kids had a blast, I had a blast, and the whole time I was able to regroup.

I'm looking forward to going back.

No comments: