Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Pining

Summer is good for a lot of things. But we get about midway and I start getting all melancholy. I can only take so much hot weather. The woods and fields here on the coast are home to a host of tics and chiggers and the like, making hiking this time of year uncomfortable. Don't get me wrong, I still sneak out here and there, but I don't spend much time in the woods.


I spent this morning looking through some old posts from last hunting season, and now I am pining for fall. Here are a few pictures. Think of it as something to look forward too for the coming season.







I'm getting off the beach for a few days. The kids need to run in the woods ( I need to run in the woods). So I'm going to be camping for a few days. I'll post pictures when we get back.

2 comments:

Isaac said...

Hey Doug,

The latest issue of American Falconry landed on my doorstep today and to keep myself from "pining" and you put it, I immediately read it cover to cover...including a great article about hunting groundhogs with terriers! Congrats on the article, I'm sure Patrick will appreciate the press as well!

All the best,

Doug said...

Thanks Isaac. I haven't seen it yet, hopefully it will come today. The pictures were taken by my daughter, I think she will be excited to see her work in print.

Doug